[GSBN] SB & Acoustics

Bohdan Dorniak bohdan at bdcoarchitects.com.au
Fri Nov 12 03:13:05 UTC 2010

Hi Sarah
I agree with Graeme.
A strawbale wall used internally would be a good sound insulator. Rendered
strawbale acts like a Helmholtz resonator! Similar to the materials that are
used for recording studios.
I believe there has been some work done in The Netherlands - Rene Dalmeijer
may have some info??
I had some discussions a couple of years ago with him - but not sure where
the research was up to.
Hope this helps

Regards,
Bohdan Dorniak