[GSBN] Baled Corn/Maize stalks? Kenya?

Kelly Lerner klerner at one-world-design.com
Tue Nov 9 09:54:25 UTC 2010

Hi all,
I'm sure this questions has been asked and answered before, but which of you has worked with baled maize stalks? Successes and/or failures? A young architect has contacted me about a project in Kenya and is asking about baled maize stalks. I've never done it, but it seems like it would work if it is dry and baled tightly enough (two big questions).

Also, anyone working in Kenya with strawbale construction already? Reply to me and also to Michael Spencer, <michaelspencer1987 at gmail.com>.

Welcome, Frank, to our fun and freaky group!

And totally off topic, you can follow our European year at http://grrlsontheroad.livejournal.com/. There aren't any green buildings there, yet, but post there yet, but I promise there will be.

Kelly Lerner, Architect
One World Design Architecture
509-838-8812
www.one-world-design.com

Have you read Natural Remodeling for the Not-So-Green House? Available in Bookstores across the Universe.
www.naturalremodeling.com