[GSBN] Gathering Info

Joyce Coppinger jc10508 at windstream.net
Mon Jul 19 13:17:55 UTC 2010

Martin Oehlmann sent a great suggestion to TLS today - a listing on the TLS
web site (and I'll extend that to a list in the TLS resource guide which I'm
currently updating) of guest rooms and holiday homes, and bed & breakfasts
or other places to stay in strawbale and natural buildings.

The theme for TLS#68 is Natural Building and Ecotourism focusing on the use
of strawbale and other natural building methods and materials for all types
of ecotourism - B&B's guest rooms and holiday homes, nature centers,
vacation locations and so on.

So I'm sending out a call for submissions to you all and through other
listservs for the listing on the web site and resource guide, along with
articles and photo for the TLS issue on ecotourism. I have already contacted
those that I am aware of but I'm sure there are many more out there.

Would like to have articles about the individual buildings or locations, as
well as about how ecotourism can benefit from use of natural materials and
methods for buildings and how strawbale and natural building can benefit as
well. Photos should be 300 dpi jpg or tiff format, b&w or color images.
Exterior and interior photos.

For the listing, would want name of the place, location, short description,
contact information and link to web site. We might use a photo for each
listing - depending on space limitations and other factors.

Please help spread the word in your part of the world. Thanks!

Joyce
Joyce Coppinger
Managing Editor/Publisher
The Last Straw, the international journal
of strawbale and natural building
PO Box 22706, Lincoln NE 68542-2706
Phone 402.483.5135
<thelaststraw at thelaststraw.org>