[GSBN] Corn Bales

Derek Roff derek at unm.edu
Fri Jul 9 14:33:33 UTC 2010

Corn stalks contain a lot of sugar, and similar carbohydrates.  This
makes them very attractive and digestible for micro-organisms and
larger critters.  I'm not sure how that issue could be addressed in a
low-tech way.  But if you could solve that problem, then corn stalks
might work for building.

Derek

--On Thursday, July 8, 2010 11:46 AM +0200 Rikki Nitzkin
<rikkinitzkin at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I got a question from someone in Mexico (who lives in an area with
> very little cereal) who wants to know if you can build with Corn
> stalk bales. Has anyone tried this?

Derek Roff
Language Learning Center
Ortega Hall 129, MSC03-2100