[GSBN] Lightweight concrete roofs

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrint.com
Mon Jun 21 15:51:47 UTC 2010

Mark,

Please forgive me for asking dumb questions about something you have
written:
*It sounds as though there is plenty of resources for the mix so I won't
address that too much now...it's not rocket science. You basically use the
latex as you would water for a cement mix with sand. You can use as little
latex mixed with water as seems effective...more latex (50/50) to water for
the initial coat. I can attest that the system works well and can be low
cost. It is easy to learn and quick to build.*
I am keenly interested in use of latex with cement,
and I would like to find a good summary of the steps involved.
We will soon start building outhouses in a ferro-cement over urine-diverting
toilets,
and it is critical that moisture does not penetrate the structure over time.
This effort is summarized at: http://www.esrla.com/pdf/toilet.pdf
Today we are putting up the first ferro-cement structure as depicted in this
presentation.
We must get it right, and your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Paul

Paul A. Olivier PhD
27C Pham Hong Thai Street