[GSBN] research docs to the web again

nora kasanicka thegentlebuilder at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 14 08:56:28 UTC 2009

hello one more time today,
i just wanted to go back to the discussion on the issue of research docs
going to the web. first of all thanx bill for offering your site to host
this, i dont think i ever had a piece of mind to actually to respond to
that one.

secondly - we happen to have met with caroline in person in the meantime
here in lovely hebden bridge (she came to visit from bath:) and we
talked about it and concluded it would be great to have a extensive
resources section on out new european web. caroline then also said she
would be up for putting the research docs part of it together - now i
seem to have noticed an email or two here on the list - saying the
research docs are already being collected on the ontario sb site and
lets just keep adding to that one - thats perfect i think - we will be
more than happy to simply link to this web from the strawbale-net.eu.
what i want to know now is - link to the ontario web (sorry thats
propably pretty obvious question but i never did much sb reading online
and am generally quite ignorant of the sb resources online) and also -
caroline - will you still let me know when you have put what you got now
together with kubas and barbaras stuff and post it? so we can then
announce it on the web.

thirdly - if you lovely people on the list wanna have a sneak preview of
the web you can go to www.strawbale-net.eu - its not yet complete in any
sense of the word and we are working on loads of sections (and the right
hand side menu will get totally revamped) so please dont spread the
information of it being available yet - this is just to get you excited
as much as we are! :)

lastly - i should be now putting together a list of resources together
for the web - and as i said i am pretty ignorant on the issue, would
anyone be up fro helping with this? or any good starting point advice? i
think this is pretty important section to have at least so-so complete
when we are officially launching the site and i have to admit that with
my killer working+commuting week shedule the weekends always seem to
short and i struggle and wonder if i took too much on this time. we are
thinking resources page with sections like magazines, books,
associations/national orgs, building codes, websites (not just any sb
websites but the _good_ ones), research docs, and other things that i
cannot think of right now (feel free to suggest). help with any of this
would be enormously appreciated.
so i leave it with you now and see what universe throws back at me:)

love to all
norak