[GSBN] New Venture for TLS

Joyce Coppinger jc10508 at windstream.net
Wed Aug 19 15:06:44 UTC 2009

The Last Straw has some exciting news to share with everyone about a new
effort to expand the presence of The Last Straw Journal on the worldwide
web, and to provide an interactive dialogue about all aspects of strawbale
and natural building design and construction.

We are proud to announce the existence of The Last Straw Blog located at
http://tls.buildearth.org.

The TLS blog features:

€ articles from issues already published ­ you can add your thoughts,
questions, experiences without logging in.

€ featured articles from the most recently published issue ­ so you'll want
to order the whole issue and subscribe to the journal,

€ occasional posting of an article in draft form for people to comment on
through their postings to the blog ­ to encourage people to contribute their
knowledge, experience, projects, and so on,

€ original content not found in the published version of TLS from guest
contributors.  If you are interested in submitting content please visit the
website and contact the administrator,

€ links to all of the strawbale and natural building associations and
networks that we know about ­ we'll add more as we find out about them ­
to encourage people to join and support the efforts of these groups and get
connected locally,

€ lots of photographs ­ visuals always help people better understand the
concept and want to learn more,

€ links to strawbale and natural building web sites that are good, solid
 information sources,

The TLS blog is a work in progress. We'll be tweaking the format over the
coming weeks and adding content regularly.  Please feel free to make any
comments regarding functionality and features you wold like to see.

We hope you will be as excited about this new venture for TLS as we are.
Please go to the blog now and have a first look!

Both forums are supported by donations, revenue from ads and affiliate
networks.  If you find the content of these websites valuable, please
consider using the links provided by the sponsors to buy a book or support
any of the sponsors by clicking on their links.  Or simply make a small
donation!  Anything will help us bring you the newest and most relevant
content on the planet, as TLS has always done.

If you are an advertiser (architect, builder, material supplier, etc.),
consider placing an add on these forums.  Details can be found on either
website.

The TLS blog is made possible through the generous contribution of time and
expertise by Jeff Ruppert. Jeff has set up the TLS blog in conjunction with
another blog based on general green building news and information.  That
blog is called Buildearth and is located at http://www.buildearth.org.
Please visit both forums and we hope you return to them often.

It would be wonderful if this blog opens an international conversation and
encourages all strawbalers and natural builders from around the world to
contribute their knowledge, expertise, experiences, and support to the TLS
blog and to the journal's content.

Joyce
 ---------------
Joyce Coppinger
Managing Editor/Publisher
The Last Straw, the international journal
of strawbale and natural building
PO Box 22706, Lincoln NE 68542-2706
402.483.5135, fax 402.483.5161
<thelaststraw at thelaststraw.org>