[GSBN] Connections for valued staff person moving to NZ?

Tom Hahn tomhahn at econet.org
Tue Aug 11 19:31:07 UTC 2009

Hello everyone - This is a bit of an aside from direct bale-talk, but
since I'm not sure who on the GSBN list might be located in, or have
contacts in New Zealand, I thought it would be okay to put a brief
post on the main GSBN list.

I have a young(ish) staff person who just got engaged a month ago to
a young man planning to attend  university in New Zealand this coming
year, and she is just now in the process moving there.  Her name is
Shana Payne, and she is looking to connect with the environmental
design and building world down under.

She is an intern-architect, graduated a year ago with a Masters in
Architecture from University of Minnesota, and has been working with
us on our environmental design projects and teaching a bit here at
Ecosa this past year or so.   She and her fiance are currently
situated just outside Christchurch, but may be considering other
locations in NZ, depending on various work/school circumstances.

I have high praise for her energy and her enthusiasm for the work
(she is an Ecosa graduate, as well), and she has a lot of passion for
affordable, environmental and beautiful design and building (...one
of her graduate school efforts was a series of homes she and her
classmates designed and built in Biloxi, Mississippi, for Hurricane
Katrina recovery).

So, if any of you doing work or with contacts in New Zealand (or even
eastern Australia) might be open to having her contact you, drop me a
direct email (off-list) with your email address to pass on to her, or
feel free to write to her directly at <shanapayne at gmail.com>.

Thanks for your time, and any connections you might pass her way...

Best regards,
Tom Hahn
--
Ecosa Design/Ecosa Institute