[GSBN] Bulk moisture damage

Derek Roff derek at unm.edu
Thu Jul 2 19:35:25 UTC 2009

Great question, Jeff.  I'm not sure where you would put some of Rob
Jolly's case studies for CMHC.  If my memory serves, he found several
homes with moisture damage over a fair percentage of a wall (usually
the north wall), where the moisture damage was believed to be caused by
wind-driven rain against cement stucco.  Other case studies involved
plumbing, window, and roof leaks.

Derek

--On Thursday, July 2, 2009 12:19 PM -0700 Jeff Ruppert
<jeff at odiseanet.com> wrote:

> This question has come up from time to time in our circles, and I
> don't think any one person can answer it because the answer is based
> on our collective experience.  So this is more of a poll than
> anything else.
> The question is, has anyone been involved with a moisture damaged
> bale structure that was *not* due to a leak (bulk moisture)?  Or to
> put it another way, has anyone seen damage from sources such as
> interior humidity or plain old high humidity in wet climates, or any
> other sources than leaks from windows, roofs, etc?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

Derek Roff
Language Learning Center