[GSBN] An apology, a question

strawnet at aol.com strawnet at aol.com
Sun Jun 21 20:18:03 UTC 2009

 Mark and all,

Your understanding of GSBN (I remember when it was called ISBN, which indicates how long I've been on this thing) matches mine. We did limit membership in order to limit the amount of traffic - particularly because so many of us had been spending so much time in other venues dealing with all those basic, newbie questions that can be answered and discussed in other existing listserves and organizations. We wanted to create a hub of communication as have you described it for experienced leaders and practitioners around the world to share information and support and address common challenges in the ongoing evolution of straw bale and complementary natural building techniques. And I have to say that in my opinion, we have created and maintained something here of great value.

It's terrific that the archives are available to the public as well. I hope that we are able to maintain the high quality, openness, good humor, and graciousness that has typified the postings over the years. Finally, I want to express my deep gratitude to Bill Christensen and Joyce Coppinger/The Last Straw without whose support and continuing efforts we would not have this global community.

Warmest regards,

David
the desert dweller Eisenberg - just back from a Father's day hike with my son Sam and grandson Joe, into Pima Canyon in the Santa Catalina mountains to the north of Tucson. Hot but beautiful! Saw a Gila Monster, blooming agaves (century plants) and saguaro cacti, lizards, hummingbirds, Gambles quail, and much more...