[GSBN] Can someone validate RT's US R to (metric) lambda conversion?

Graeme North graeme at ecodesign.co.nz
Mon Jun 15 22:47:46 UTC 2009

the conversion I have used is that R value (imperial) ft2*degF/Btu =
5.86 X R value (metric) in m2 *degC/W for the same thickness of
material - an easy way of converting R values from imperial top
metric to another for the same construction - it also helps demolish
extravagant insulation  claims made for some american materials when
proponents have not done the conversion.

10.05 * 5.86 / 39.37 inches/m = 1.49 so its close

Graeme
Graeme North Architects
49 Matthew Road
RD1