[GSBN] FW: Straw Bale House Fire

martin hammer mfhammer at pacbell.net
Sat Apr 4 01:03:49 UTC 2009

Derek,

Re: the typical ineffectiveness of CO2 cooling a fire in open air, but
considering if for a straw bale wall, Don also said - " It may work because
of the closed compartment fire."  So he sees the concept.  I think we should
test and compare CO2 and water (and possibly other methods).

I appreciate your quantitative analysis, which further suggests CO2 might
work well.  And I really like the thoughts in your last paragraph, that the
CO2 would probably take the same path that a smoldering fire did, and water
wouldn't do the same.

And I think you would make a fine Captain Carbon Dioxide.

MH