[GSBN] Tall walls and wet clay

Tom Hahn tomhahn at econet.org
Thu Apr 2 16:03:06 UTC 2009

Hi Laura - I haven't had to break up large quantities of clay as you
describe, but I have been suitably impressed with the "pulverizing"
capability of the rotary-blade 'livestock tank" paper-crete mixers
such as described in these couple of websites...

http://www.starship-enterprises.net/Papercrete/Mixer/

http://www.livinginpaper.com/mixers.htm

The one built per the Living In Paper specs ground up hundreds of
pounds of dry, bundled newsprint in a matter of minutes.  It might be
worth a try to get through lots and lots of wet, sticky clay.

Perhaps someone else here can corroborate or refute this idea with
additional direct experience?

Best,
Tom