[GSBN] Job Posting: Straw Panel Lead Fabricator

Jacob Deva Racusin jacob at newframeworks.com
Mon Feb 7 15:51:54 UTC 2022

Hi everyone!

I'm excited to announce we are hiring for a lead fabricator for our growing
straw panel team. The link for the job posting is here
<https://newframeworks.com/meet-us#were-hiring-section>, and I've posted
the short form description below. Many thanks in advance for considering
and/or sharing within your networks!

My best to you all,
Jacob

New Frameworks <https://newframeworks.com>, a worker-owned cooperative
design and construction company, is hiring a Panel Fabrication Lead to
coordinate the successful build and installation of low carbon, insulated
wall and roof panels, working primarily in our shop in Essex Junction, VT.
The production of straw bale panels is a development in the natural
building and green building trades designed to accelerate the drawdown of
atmospheric carbon levels by making this technology widely available and
easily accessible. This position requires travel to deliver and install
panels on site, up to a 5 hour drive radius from our shop.

We are a busy, fun, egalitarian-yet-structured, creative, kind, and
mission-driven group of people working together towards the goal of
developing ecological and social climate justice and regeneration practices
in the building and design trades. Our ideal candidate has 5+ years of
experience in shop production, carpentry, construction, renovation, trades
as well as experience leading and supervising a team. We have a bilingual
crew and Spanish language skills are useful in this position.

If you’ve been looking for a way to use your construction skills to advance
climate change response through the built environment; build with natural,
local, and plant-based materials; and be an integral part of an equitable,
intersectional feminist workplace with a strong team culture, we welcome
you!

$26-30/hr depending on experience, plus paid time off, benefits, education,
and profit sharing. To apply, please submit a letter of interest and resume
via email to info at newframeworks.com. People of color, trans and
gender-nonconforming people, people from poor and working-class
backgrounds, queer people, and women are encouraged to apply.

[image: photo]

Jacob Deva Racusin

Director of Building Science and Sustainability
Pronouns: He/Him

(802) 782-7783

www.newframeworks.com
1 Mill St. Suite 160, Burlington, VT 05401