[Gsbn] Fwd: getting a German hay cutter

Global Straw Building Network gsbn at sustainablesources.com
Thu Jan 23 05:50:44 UTC 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <bob at bobtheis.net>
Date: Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 9:57 PM
Subject: getting a German hay cutter
To: Global Straw Building Network <gsbn at sustainablesources.com>

Hello all,

I just learned about this tool, and would love to hear if any of you in
Europe have used it:

<
https://www.kerbl.com/catalog/ShowArtikel.aspx?SKCatalogID=555070&SKLanguageID=2&SKTreeParentID=555289&SKTreeID=555293&SKProductID=408767&siteID=2&siteTyp=1

 The ability to shape bales was my initial purpose  - I’ve always had the
dream of carving bas-reliefs  into bale walls  prior to pastering, and this
seems like just the tool for that.

 But at an earth plastering workshop this weekend, where I was reminded
what a noisy,  dusty process generating chopped straw is, I saw the
potential to simply slice off short sections of a bale like slicing a loaf
of bread. LOw dust, low noise and you can get just the straw length you
want.

On inquiry the firm sent me a very polite reply that they don’t sell to
those of us with 110 volt electricity.

Would one of you be willing to do the legwork of buying this dream machine
and shipping it over here?   I realize it would have to be paired with a
step down voltage converter.

We’d be willing to let you play with it first. Share the toys.

Thanks,

Bob Theis