[GSBN] Heat storage capacity of wall systems.

Lars Keller larskeller at gmail.com
Thu May 2 12:37:50 UTC 2019

We have a discussion in Denmark where some people argue, that if you
compare two walls with similar insulation values, one being insulated with
mineralwool, and one with wood cellulose or paper cellulose, then the wood
cellulose option can retain / contain more heat thatn the mineralwool
solution.

The advantage of this for the wood cellulose is, that this solution is then
capable of absorbing more heat when there is eg more solar influx, and
later release the heat into the room again, thus creating more comfort. I
assume that this is a result of the cellulose option being heavier than the
mineralwool option.

I would like to hear thoughts about whether my understanding is correct.

I assume straw would share the benefit of the cellulose option.

Does anyone know if we have / there is numbers to back this up ?

Best, Lars
Small Planet
Om vores firma ~ link
Om vores masseovne ~ link
Om vores workshops ~ link
Kontakt-info
skype
jomorandin
lars.friland
jomorandin at gmail.com
larskeller at gmail.com

Home +45 8668 0505
Jo      +45 2390 0924 (mobile/handy)
Lars   +45 2024 0505 (mobile/handy)

Jo Morandin, Jamilla, Asger & Lars Keller
Friland 12 B
8410 Rønde
Danmark
---