[GSBN] How to nominate (was: Nominate Barbara Jones)

Bill Christensen lists at sustainablesources.com
Sat Aug 11 18:09:47 UTC 2018

Hi Folks!

Sorry for the slow response - I've been working a "real job" doing
software testing 50-60 hrs a week and have fallen behind in my GSBN reading.

So, a little Administrivia:

This discussion list has two modes:

1) Anyone can subscribe themselves at

and 'listen in' to the conversations, but can not participate. Also
known as Lurker Mode.

2) Those who have been nominated/approved by the group to post.  I
manually add those people by clicking a checkbox on their existing
subscription.

So in order to nominate a member with posting privileges, first get your
nominee to sign up at step 1.  This avoids having their email address
posted in the archives, and gives them a chance to see how the list
operates.  THEN nominate them for full posting privileges.  If after a
week or so nobody objects, I'll add the ability to post.  (objections
can be sent to me offlist.)  We don't really need to fill up the list
with seconds on nominations, though of course those of you who have
posting ability can if you so desire.

Barbara Jones used to be a member.  I don't know if she still is, as the
mail list portion of the server is currently having problems, and I'm 20
miles away so I can't kick it.  I seem to remember her leaving the list
some time back due to Email Overload.  I'll check and see if she's still
there once the server is behaving again.

On 8/3/18 9:17 AM, Pete Walker wrote:

> Hi
>
> I would to like nominate Barbara Jones, of Straw Works UK, to become a
> member of The GSBN,
>
> best wishes
>
> Pete Walker

Bill Christensen