[GSBN] Sharing thoughts on pros and cons of using straw as a building material.

Andrew Webb andrew at thegreenwebb.com
Sun Jul 29 11:39:30 UTC 2018

I often hear of straw bale building's low cost. I have yet to see any
evidence of that (going on 15 years since my first building). It remains
a premium building method. Good, but costly due to labour component. Not
as labour intensive as light straw clay, though.

Bale building becomes economical when it needs to achieve more than
typical residential building performance; such as when compared to other
methods of building an acoustic wall, for example.

I like straw. It can produce a high quality building. It isn't cheap if
you are paying market rates for labour in Australia.

Regards,

Andrew Webb
m.0448870791
andrew at thegreenwebb.com