[GSBN] Straw bale building in tropical areas

Derek Stearns Roff derek at unm.edu
Tue Jun 27 01:25:04 UTC 2017

According to the link below, Benin in every month is just about the same temperature as Marseille in the summer.  So it is not excessively hot, but it is always pretty warm.  Lower summer temperatures than Houston, or some other USA locations with SB houses.  High humidity, certainly.  Using air conditioning in a hot, humid climate increases the risk of condensation within the bale wall, so a careful plan for handling moisture will be quite important.

http://www.benin.climatemps.com

Derek

Derek Roff
derek at unm.edu<mailto:derek at unm.edu>