[GSBN] Load-bearing straw bale idea

David Eisenberg strawnet at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 04:55:12 UTC 2017

I concur with what has been suggested by others, but would add that
switching to an appropriate post instead of the bales assumes that the roof
bearing assembly is stiff and strong enough to bear that concentrated load.
If the roof bearing assembly (box beam or whatever the structural element
is on top of the bale walls) is not adequate for that concentrated load, a
truss could be designed to distribute the load along the length of the
assembly (whether the full length would be necessary or not).

David Eisenberg