[GSBN] Nominations (Was: Fw: Our European conference)

Bill Christensen lists at sustainablesources.com
Fri Oct 30 21:28:19 UTC 2015

Hi Frank et al

My apologies for not following up on these nominations.  Typically we
see some response from the list, but that didn't happen in this case and
though I marked the email for future action, it slipped off my radar.

The other part of it is that we're now asking that the nominee goes to
http://sustainablesources.com/mailman/listinfo.cgi/gsbn and signs up for
the list.  That way they get to choose which email and password they
use, and they can begin reading the discussions prior to my turning on
their ability to post.  Once they're on the list and the nomination has
been seconded, I can simply go in there and flip that switch.  This
moves some of the burden of explaining the what and why and how of GSBN
off of me and to the person making the nomination.

I think it's fine if Werner doesn't feel motivated to respond. Perhaps
he'll just read and learn what's going on elsewhere.  A number of people
on the list don't post much.

ALSO, I wanted to let you all know that we've been having some trouble
delivering GSBN mail to addresses on Yahoo, AOL, and Hotmail due to some
changes our internet provider made.  I expect to get the problem fixed
in mid November when we switch to a new provider.  If you know a GSBN
subscriber on Yahoo, AOL, or Hotmail who is wondering why it's been so
quiet lately, point them to the archives at

It's quite possible that James Henderson is not receiving mail from GSBN
for this reason.

Bill Christensen
http://SustainableSources.com
http://LinkedIn/ln/billc108