[GSBN] compression

janet johnston janetjohnstn at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 3 17:33:55 UTC 2015

Yep, it happened.  See attached. -janet

-----Original Message-----
From: Gsbn [mailto:gsbn-bounces at sustainablesources.com] On Behalf Of Chris
Magwood
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2015 7:47 AM
To: gsbn at sustainablesources.com
Subject: Re: [GSBN] compression

Hi all,

I seem to recall photos of someone in the late 90s who strapped two cattle
water tanks over the top of a bale wall so they were hanging at the same
height on either side of the wall, quite low to the ground. The tanks were
then filled with water at the same rate, providing a relatively safe test
scenario and reproducing the continuous weighting conditions that would make
the test relevant.

Maybe I'm making this up, or maybe it really did happen. Or maybe it was
talked about enough that it seemed like it happened... Either way, I think
it would be an effective test.

Chris

--
Chris Magwood