[GSBN] R value export straw blocks?

John Straube jfstraube at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jan 27 00:25:49 UTC 2015

I am not sure if I can send images but I am trying
If you are at high density (soil, wood etc), then reducing density increases R-value (that is decreases thermal conductivity). If you are at very low density, then decreasing density decreases R-value
The plot below is made up of many many materials.
The vertical axis is conductivity and the horizontal axis is density.
You can see the lowest conductivity / highest R-value per inch, occurs around 30 to about 125 kg/m3.  (2 to 8 pcf). The obvious deviation around 30-40 kg/m3 (2-2.5 pcf) is due to foams filled with gases other than air (Freon etc).

[cid:94635A9B-5E89-4C25-9492-DF86AF4F7D50 at gateway.2wire.net]