[GSBN] R value export straw blocks?

martin hammer mfhammer at pacbell.net
Mon Jan 26 23:35:02 UTC 2015

Hi Noé,

Do you mean a building built with Stak Blocks? I don't believe a building
has been constructed with them (Bruce might know differently). On the other
hand you mention "even a little tiny house". So I included the attached
photo of a teeny-tiny little tiny house using Stak Blocks. Tiny enough to
sit on a table at a trade show (!).

Martin

PS ­ Bruce, I agree that the straw bale subject that needs further research
most is the optimal density for maximum thermal resistance. Of course there
is also lots o¹ structural testing still necessary. I think structural straw
bale walls (especially shear walls) have yet to be fully understood and
optimized. Plus there are so many assembly variations.