[GSBN] R value export straw blocks?

Enga Lokey enga at thelokeys.net
Sun Jan 25 08:44:09 UTC 2015

Interesting timing on this thread as I was just at a local processing plant that makes these straw nuggets for export. Give me another couple of years and I might have some hard figures for you on U-values, but one question that came to mind immediately  was the buildability of these bales. Has anyone every tried to re-tie (resize) one to accommodate a real-world building scenario? The ones I saw were held together with 2 straps of highly tensioned tape in each direction. I don't yet have any on site to see how possible it would be to insert a bale needle or what happens when the straps are cut. It did appear that the straw was quite short and not consistently aligned (which could possibly be a good thing).

Enga

enga at thelokeys.net