[GSBN] You might find this useful

Bruce EBNet bruce at ecobuildnetwork.org
Wed Nov 19 14:19:56 UTC 2014

On Nov 19, 2014, at 3:20 AM, Caroline Meyer White <hojtpaastraa at gmail.com> wrote:

Can I put anybody elses work out there??

Yes, of course — so long as you know they won’t mind.  That is, if the work is already public.  If there is any question about permission, do not load a document to the Library, but do create a link to its online location so future users can go find it.

We definitely want to respect intellectual property.  But I have found it very rare that any author wants to limit distribution, so long as no one in any way clouds or hides authorship.  In some cases, someone is selling the document, so please create a link so the user can find it and buy it.  “Design of Straw Bale Buildings” is now in that category — available only as a $20 PDF download;  it was way too expensive to print more.  The few remaining paper copies will soon be prizes for a little game we have in mind to build the Library.

Thanks,

Bruce King

(415) 987-7271
BuildWellLibrary.org