[GSBN] Drainage within a plaster system

Sarah Johnston sarahjohnston at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jul 17 06:24:32 UTC 2013

This would be an amazing product if it came in wider than 4 inch wide
rolls.  This is a solid plastic barrier which snakes back and forward
with a geotextile bonded very solidly to it on both sides.  This would
form a perfect barrier to moisture ingress while allowing the plaster
bonded to each side of it to dry readily.  Anyone know of a wider
product like this?

http://www.maccaferri.com.au/webfiles/MaccaferriAu/files/Colbond_Wick_Drain_Brochure.pdf
     If you scroll to the bottom of the page there is a good cross
section of the profile.

Thanks for your thoughts Graeme, all very good points.  Once we find
the best material to create the drainage, we will be able to start
looking at how to make the details work and hopefully a lot of the
questions will be easy to answer with the right material.  Time will
tell :)

Ceers,
Sven

sarahjohnston at ihug.co.nz