[GSBN] Drainage within a plaster system

John Straube jfstraube at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jul 9 12:10:31 UTC 2013

I is an engineer, but I would not trust engineers much without lots of input from the reality of the building site.
The inner stucco is likely the best shear resisting layer and I would rely on this.  Also a good fire barrier and wind barrier.
The exterior stucco needs to be attached well enough to not fall off in an earthquake or windstorm.  14 ga wires will do it if they are often enough.  In other uses, I have seen screws through metal lath used to support exterior stucco, but this requires about one screw per 1-2 square feet.

On 2013-07-08, at 9:09 PM, Frank Tettemer <frank at livingsol.com>