[GSBN] Drainage within a plaster system

Sarah Johnston sarahjohnston at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jul 8 20:35:17 UTC 2013

I am wondering if anyone has used a product similar to this as a
drainage plane within the exterior plaster system?

http://www.cirtex.co.nz/Cirtex-Solutions/Reinforced-Soil-Walls/Duraflow-Drainage-Composite

more details here
http://www.cirtex.co.nz/files/file/663/Duraflow+GNG+700+Series+Data+Sheet.pdf

Any thoughts with regard to embedding this into a clay or lime base
plaster system then applying a thin layer of plaster over the top?  I
have only been able to get a small sample of this material from the
New Zealand supplier but would love to test a larger sample.  I
believe this product comes from Asia, and is imported from a US
company into NZ.  This is a very thin 5.7mm quite rigid material and
seems like it could be a really great option for exposed sites when an
exterior plaster finish is desired but weather tightness could be of
concern.

Input would be great and if anyone knows how to source it, that would
be great too!

All the best from a wintery NZ

Sven Johnston