[GSBN] Fwd: [nbne] R-value of compressed straw panels

asbn asbn at baubiologie.at
Mon Apr 22 09:02:57 UTC 2013

Dear Tristan et al

When we use strawboards in Europe (as separation walls), we mainly use
Ecopanely from Czech Republic.
This product is CE certified (European Technical Approval).
The website is in english, too: http://www.ekopanely.cz/en/

Values of heat insulation magnitude
heat transfer coefficient:
λ = 0,099 Wm-1 K-1, R = 0,5858 m2 KW-1
diffusion resistance: RD = 4,6 * 109 ms-1
diffusion resistance coefficient: μ = 9,7
heat penetration coefficient:
U = 1,04 – 1,39 W/m2 * K
according to the construction layout,
season, and heat flux

There is another board called iStraw with the same values:
http://www.istraw.de/ site only in german

all the best
Herbert
asbn - austrian strawbale network