[GSBN] Catalan vaults

Bill Steen bill at caneloproject.com
Mon Dec 12 19:01:56 UTC 2011

When it comes to masonry vaults and domes, southern Mexico as a whole is rich in those traditions, particularly those built from fired brick.
To narrow down accessibility from afar, perhaps the best way for Chris to go about it is to google "Flying Concrete and its principal Steve Kornher who lies in the San Miguel de Allende area.
His work can be found on line, in Lloyd Kahn's book "Homework" and he is primarily known for lightweight concrete structures that incorporate an extensive use of vaults and domes.
He should be a good resource and if he can't provide what is needed, I'm sure he knows many a builder from that area.

Bill Steen
bill at caneloproject.com
www.caneloproject.com
www.caneloproject.com/blog