[GSBN] Catalan vaults

Maren Termens autoconstruccin at yahoo.es
Mon Dec 12 16:40:48 UTC 2011

Hi Chris,

here the contact of Xavier Puig, specilized in catalan vaults and natural construction methods. He works normaly with architect Gabi Barbeta (http://www.ecoarquitectura.info/projectes/)

You can have a look on Xaviers webpagehttp://www.casaalternativapuig.com: You have to wait a bit to upload the web.
He works nice.

Greetings from Catalunya, Maren

Maren Termens
Arquitecta Técnica
    Col. nº 9961
    c/ Nord 2-2b
  17200 Palafrugell
         Girona
autoconstruccin at yahoo.es

________________________________
 De: Chris Magwood <chris at chrismagwood.ca>
Para: "(private, with public archives) Global Straw Building Network" <GSBN at greenbuilder.com>
Enviado: domingo 11 de diciembre de 2011 17:55
Asunto: [GSBN] Catalan vaults

Hi all,

The mention on this list some months back about Catalan vaults (or Guastavino vaults) sparked my interest, and we've now decided to forge ahead and build one as the roof for a buried, earthbag root cellar at Trent University.

Does anybody have experience building these, or know of anybody who does. I'd like to try and hire in somebody to lead us in this build. It's a small structure (18 x 22 ft) so it won't be a long build, but I always like to have someone knowledgeable in charge when doing things I haven't done before.

The budget for the project is not high, but I would be willing to try and cover travel costs, food, lodging and a bit of cash for the right person.

Let me know!

Chris

-- www.chrismagwood.ca
www.endeavourcentre.org