[GSBN] GSBN name and scope (was Nomination of Paula Baker-Laporte)

Derek Roff derek at unm.edu
Wed Nov 23 20:26:55 UTC 2011

I must admit, I was a bit baffled by the proposed name change, and checked multiple messages in the archive, to verify the current and historical names for the group.  Sure enough, as soon as Tim made the proposal, Bill went back in time, and changed every message to reflect the new name that Tim suggested.  Talk about service!  :-)

Thanks to Tim, Bill, Mark, and everyone for making this list such a valuable resource and community.

Derelict

On Nov 23, 2011, at 12:27 PM, Mark Piepkorn wrote:

> Yeah, when we came up with the idea for this list all those years ago, we specifically intended that it not be limited to bales - and not really even limited to straw. But straw was the most common element, and it had a nice symbolic value as well. The name has been Global Straw Building Network all along.
>
> Three cheers to Bill Christensen, by the way, the real hero of this thing. Our mechanic, plumber, janitor. We wouldn't be here without him.
>
> Mark

Derek Roff
derek at unm.edu