[GSBN] Indoor Air Quality study

Pete Walker P.Walker at bath.ac.uk
Thu Nov 10 11:26:09 UTC 2011

Hi

I am supervising a Master students at the University of Bath looking at
indoor air quality of straw bale buildings, in particular fungal spore
counts. The idea for the project stemmed initially from what i believe
are largely spurious stories that this is a potential health problem for
building users. To date we have taken measurements in one straw bale
building that showed the fungal spore count was in fact higher than the
control conditions, but well below WHO limits.

Is anyone aware of similar studies having been completed?

UK GSBN subscribers: we are looking for straw bale buildings to sample.
Volunteers please.

When complete (May 2012) we will be happy to share our findings.

best regards

Pete Walker