[GSBN] Embodied/embedded energy figures

Derek Roff derek at unm.edu
Wed Oct 19 01:31:49 UTC 2011

Hi, Chris,

I like your thesis of needing to listen to the planet saying "No".  But I wonder if the focus on interior temperature is undercutting your impact of your presentation.  It's certainly among the hardest ideas to sell to the public, while being of less importance to the planet than many other aspects of building design and construction.  As Graeme indicates, it's far better for the planet to build a smaller house with a more stable temperature, than to build a McMansion where the internal temps can vary by 5˚C.  I'll offer more details of my reaction in a private message.

Derelict

Derek Roff

derek at unm.edu