[GSBN] Nez Roof Construction

Bill Christensen billc at greenbuilder.com
Sun Sep 25 19:08:03 UTC 2011

Forwarded message from REJEAN BEAUDIN <rejean.beaudin at gmail.com> (Not on
GSBN list, so please include in any responses)

Dear GSBN members,

I am an Architect student at Dalhousie University in Halifax, Canada
doing my thesis on social housing.  As part of a class on Material
Investigation I am researching Nez Roof Construction.

To date, I have found very little information on the subject and am
hoping someone can assist me by providing some or suggest where I might
be able to find some.  Specifically, I am interested in its history, the
process, examples of where it has been used,  the pros and cons, ....
photographs are also appreciated.

http://community.webshots.com/album/172073360wvUXdN is good source of
photographs but there are no descriptions of what is happening.

Thank you for any and all assistance.

Best regards,
Réjean Beaudin
M.Arch Student