[GSBN] [nbne] Re: Fwd: Question on straw-bale house foundations

Graeme North graeme at ecodesign.co.nz
Fri Sep 16 05:16:52 UTC 2011

Hi all

Interesting

In New Zealand we are generally not allowed to put solid plaster systems on a wall that is not supported by a continuos reinforced concete footing - this is to help prevent in-plane flexing from any timber movement or flexure, earthquakes, and/or  seasonal ground movement, any of which may translate into cracking of the plaster skin.

Has this been an issue with these off-ground systems?

cheers

Graeme
Graeme North Architects
49 Matthew Road