[GSBN] Chris Magwood's new "Endeavour"

Chris Magwood chris at chrismagwood.ca
Wed Sep 7 02:40:07 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'm really pleased to be able to announce the launch of the web site for
the new, not-for-profit education centre of which I am a founding
director. I have decided to move on from my position at Fleming College
and be part of this new initiative to create a more coherent and
comprehensive sustainable building education centre, based in my
hometown of Peterborough, Ontario, Canada.

You can see the new web site here: www.endeavourcentre.org

I hope you'll take a moment to check it out and hopefully link to it
from your own web site. I'd be glad to reciprocate if you let me know.

Those of you who are familiar with the program I started and have been
running at Fleming College for the past seven years (!) will see a
strong resemblance to that program in Endeavour's /Sustainable New
Construction/ program. A similar model is being applied to our
/Sustainable Renovation/ program. To these, we are adding a new
/Sustainable Design/ program as well. All of these are full-time,
intensive programs with lots of hands-on involvement on the part of the
students. Active participation in full-scale projects will continue to
be at the core of our methodology.

To these full-time programs, we're also adding a workshop schedule full
of shorter courses on specific topics. If you're somebody who teaches
workshops and you'd like to do so at Endeavour, please let us know.
We're excited to be able to host lots of you in this part of the world
and help you share what you do (while paying you to do so!).

Of particular interest to members of GSBN is the fact that Endeavour
will be able to accept students from outside Canada with no penalties or
increased fees. This was not possible at Fleming College, and we look
forward to the wider mix of students who will be able to join us from
around the world.

We've put a lot of work into trying to make the Endeavour web site
informative. We are committed to "open source" sustainable building and
I'm keen to continue building the site and adding more detail and
documentary about what we do. I hope you find it interesting, and I'm
keen to hear your feedback.

I am really excited about this new Endeavour, and hope to include an
awful lot of you in it at some point or another!

Sincerely,

Chris Magwood

--
www.endeavourcentre.org