[GSBN] Looking for images of sb with moisture/fire/cracks

kim thompson shipharbour at ns.sympatico.ca
Mon May 9 09:55:59 UTC 2011

Hi Maren,

Am sending separately a report that I did for Canada Mortgage and
Housing Corp. a few years ago.
The research looks at what has worked/not worked and best practices
for SB construction in Atlantic Canada.
It is a large doc (15.2 mb). If it doesn't make it through let me
know how best to email  large docs. to you.
(will put a hard copy in the mail this week).

If you contact CMHC they can send a copy of the full report with
videos and a data base.
This is a free resource for all Canadians. Be sure to request the
full report (67 pages) not just the highlights.
CMHC TEL 1 (800) 668-2642
Straw Bale Construction in Atlantic Canada
HIghlights and Full Report   #65828
Order desk: https://www03.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/b2c/b2c/init.do?language=en

All the best,

kim

On 9-May-11, at 5:16 AM, Maren Termens wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Greetings from Spain! I'm looking for photographic images of straw-
> bale details
> - all types of problems (moisture, fire, wall-deformation,
> plastercracks, etc.)
> buildings, any kind  of "building - illness" will be fine. The idea
> is NOT to scare people,  just to help them to avoid problems! If
> you have little tricks, etc., great to know about them!
> Thanks! (I need the images this week, if possible)
>
> Maren Termens
> Arquitecta Técnica
> Col.nº 9961
> c/Vera 8
> 17255 Begur
> Girona-Espana

Kim Thompson
Straw Bale Projects
2699 Northwood Terrace
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3K 3S9
tel. 902-453-2429 or 902-845-2750
e mail: shipharbour at ns.sympatico.ca
www.naturalbuilding.ca

"Tradition and modernity are merely two sides of the same coin - and
must be dealt with simultaneously. Building cannot be a rigid dogma,
but a living, organic, ecological project. It is about continuity,
based on memory, common sense and experience and is the foundation of
invention."   Hasan Uddin Khan