[GSBN] Suitablity of fresh cowdung supplies from feedlots for natural plasters

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Wed Apr 20 18:58:54 UTC 2011

I would like to share with you what I am doing in Vietnam in the recycling
of waste:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22013094/Paper/composting.pdf
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22013094/Paper/hanoi.pdf

I visited recently the north of Vietnam and saw in a poor region there some
truly beautiful indigenous architecture.
How I wish that the Vietnamese would return to such building techniques
instead of brick and reinforced concrete.
But the Vietnamese love brick.
So we are working on a project in Binh Dinh province to equip brick kilns
with gasifiers fueled by rice hulls or sawdust.
In the gasification of rice hulls or some other undensified biomass, there
is no smoke.
The biochar makes a wonderful soil amendment.
All of this is described in the paper.

Many thanks to you all.
Paul

--