[GSBN] Straw-Bale Blower Door and Infrared Test Results

John Straube john at buildingscience.com
Fri Dec 24 14:14:25 UTC 2010

Actually Ontario tract homes are closer to 3 ACH on average as of 07 but are likely a touch lower now.
However ACH is not a great metric as it makes small houses look worse and houses with basements look better.
A better metric is cfm50 per square foot of enclosure area.
The total cfm50 number is well under the average Ontario home ( less than half) because this is a small home which means its impact on the world is less than an Ontario home.

John Straube
519 741 7920
Sent via BlackBerry