[GSBN] Looking for experiences with AAC and Rastra

Chris Magwood chris at chrismagwood.ca
Wed Dec 22 15:41:07 UTC 2010

Hey all!

I'm wondering if anyone out there has much or any experience working
with Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC) blocks and/or Rastra blocks for
foundations?

Neither product is readily available here in Canada, but I'm preparing
some info on insulated foundation options and would like to include
something about these products if I can get some info. I've obviously
web-researched both, but I'm looking for actual experience... did they
meet your cost expectations, were there peculiarities about the install
process, how would you rate them environmentally, etc?

Feel free to respond to me off-list, as I know this isn't exactly SB
stuff. However, I'm hoping that among the vast experience included on
this list would be some hands-on stories about these materials.

Happy holidays!

Chris