[GSBN] Insurance for sb buildings

martin hammer mfhammer at pacbell.net
Wed Mar 31 01:26:03 UTC 2010

Graeme,

I suggest giving them the Fire chapter of Bruce King¹s book, Design of
Strawbale Buildings.  And / or reports from EBNet and DCAT¹s 2006 ASTM fire
tests, which are available on the website of the Ecological Building Network
-  www.ecobuildnetwork.org

Or with the following direct links:

http://ecobuildnetwork.org/pdfs/Non-Bearing_Clay_Wall.pdf
http://ecobuildnetwork.org/pdfs/Cement_Stucco_Wall.pdf

There is also the German FASBA fire test.  GSBN member Dirk Scharmer¹s
wonderful SB posters (including Fire) are available for a small fee at:

http://www.fasba.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=265&Itemid=373

He might also be able to provide you with fire test report (presumably in
German only?).

I hope this helps.

Best,

Martin (straw is my old flame) Hammer