[GSBN] Request from Chile

David Elfstrom listbox at elfstrom.com
Wed Mar 24 17:22:47 UTC 2010

The following message was just posted as a comment on the OSBBC web site
today. Please feel free to respond directly if you can offer some advice.

From: josefaelo at gmail.com

Dear Sirs:

I have been looking for any information about building with strawbales.
  I live in Chile in the most damaged area due to the earthquake.  I
really want to try this option and would be so grateful if you could
give me as much information as possible.  I have been reading about you
and watching the videos.  I live in my farm and my house almost
collapsed with the earthquake.  It is an old big beautiful house, built
almost 100 years ago by my father and his parents.  It is built with
traditional bales in those days, well built as it has resisted 1960
earthquake and with the present one it did not quite collapse but has
serious damage in some parts.

Would you please give me some advice?

Thank you in advance

Yours friendly