[GSBN] Standards for Lime Render

martin oehlmann moehlmann at wanadoo.fr
Wed Feb 17 07:34:40 UTC 2010

Hi John,
thanks for your approval. Actually this part is just an internet collection, the other part for Syria had been more specific. The only question there is there experiences with gypsum inside. There are critical voices with respect to moisture behaviour and using cement outside on cob seems to be terribly risky.

For lime I found this document www.nationallime.org/IBLS05Papers/Tate_Standard.pdf
St. Astier has some useful informations and might be of help. http://www.stastier.co.uk/data.htm

Its true there are small producers and there lime is just a bit different, sometimes even much better than St. Astier. Its like with wine ;-)))

Hope this helps,

Best wishes,

Martin