[GSBN] Pete Walker, BRE Centre for Innovative Construction Materials

Bruce King ecobruce at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 30 16:31:07 UTC 2009

Yikes, I thought Pete was already among us.  I absolutely double-
triple second the motion, let's sign him up!

Thanks, Caroline!

Bruce King
(415) 987-7271
bruce-king.com

On Oct 30, 2009, at 8:55 AM, caroline meyer white wrote:

Dear All!

I would like to suggest a new member of the club.

Pete Walker, is an engineer, professor and researcher at Bath
University, Director of BRE Centre for Innovative Contsruction
Materials, where amoungst straw, hemp, lime, dry-stone wall,
developing methods for use of timber etc. is being investigated. He
has a personal interest in straw bale construction, a facination like
the rest of us. Lately he was the coordintor of the Conference NOCMAT
(Non Conventional Construction Materials), that Bruce King mentioned
on the list a few month ago.

After having been a fully hands on person for many years with straw
construction, I am now peeking in to the academic side, and being
really surpriced by how much interest there is and how poorly we are
linked, between these two "worlds",

Pete is a very friendly nature, whom I find a key figure in current
academic research on straw construction and I find that he could
support bridging the more academic knowledge with the practical
knowledge on this list.
http://www.bath.ac.uk/ace/BRE-Welcome/

Caroline Meyer White

Friland 23