[GSBN] penetration of plaster in bales...

MattsMyhrman at aol.com MattsMyhrman at aol.com
Thu Oct 15 23:58:49 UTC 2009

In a message dated 10/14/09 1:02:13 PM, contact at lamaisonenpaille.com
writes:

> - some plastering techniques are able to shoot plaster up to 5 cm (2'')
> into a dense bale wall as David Eisenberg told me was done for the wall
> made for the thermal testing at Oak Ridge.

David needs to tell us more about the test wall.   I remember hearing that
in some way or other it was poorly constructed.   For example, were the
bales really dense?   Was each course settled into place by having some sturdy
people stomp along the wall?   Was the penetration really this deep, and if
so, was it only at the spots where the rounded ends of two bales butt up
against each other, i.e., the holes that are usually stuffed with straw to
prevent thermal nose-bleeding?

Matts (Butt What About...) Myhrman