[GSBN] A question about mold and insurance

Kris Dick Biosystems kjdick at ms.umanitoba.ca
Sat Oct 3 16:15:36 UTC 2009

Dear Joyce,

Greetings, I trust this finds you well. I would agree with the
comments from others about asking the insurance company for their
proof. We have done a studies of temperature and moisture within bale
systems in Manitoba. I would suggest that moisture content within the
wall system can be used as an indicator of the potential for mould
growth. It has been my experience that mould is not an issue as long
as the building envelope has been done well, which would be the same
for any building system.

Not sure if this helps.

All the best,

Kris