[GSBN] prefab strawbale

Derek Roff derek at unm.edu
Fri Sep 11 20:58:06 UTC 2009

Thanks for your comments, Caroline.  I am very interested in strawbale
panels, and in finding ways to increase the use of bales in all kinds
of construction.  I agree with you, that we will need to find more
industrial bale building methods, if we are to interest certain
segments of the building industry.

A different question is comparing the specific Modcell prefab panel
method/technology/approach to what other companies are doing, using
different prefab panel methods.  I've seen buildings and building
methods using factory assembled stawbale panels that I like better.  Of
course, what I have seen and read cannot equate to a rigorous,
scientific comparison, but I think that there are prefab panel
approaches in use in Switzerland, Austria, Canada, and probably other
places, that look more promising to me than Modcell.

Caroline, are you saying that you think Modcell is the best prefab
method available, or that we need an industrial prefab method, such as
Modcell or something like it?

Best wishes,

Derek

--On Friday, September 11, 2009 9:27 AM -0700 caroline meyer white