[GSBN] prefab strawbale

Brian brian at anvill.com.au
Mon Aug 3 07:43:23 UTC 2009

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the update. I can see what you mean. I can imagine such a panel
being used for commercial buildings as well as dwellings, particularly if it
has an appropriate fire rating for commercial application. I think any
advancement of straw for insulation is great, particularly if the main
stream builders will take it on.

Is the finished weight on a par with rendered 2 string bales. We have for
some time been building on timber stumps, which has reduced the impact on
the site to say nothing of reducing concrete use and costs. The conventional
straw bale system has worked well with little and only the occasional
minimal cracking. Will the use of the panel system you have work in that
application? Are you looking at allowing other companies to utilize the same
system?

Regards

Brian